Thursday, December 3, 2009

Review of Academic Site

Banners: I love the Castlebay banner on the home page, the math equations on math page and historical figures and places on the social studies page. The science banner is blank on the home page, yet is personalized on the standards page. I would make them the same.

Purely aesthetic: I think the navigation bar and heading 1 would look better if they were the same color—maybe match it to the navy blue in Castlebay banner or California Distinguished school seal. It looks like your name is matched to that color. Maybe match the heading 2 to the school color or heading 1 and heading 2 to school colors if there are two? Also, it may look nice if you use the same color for heading 2 and the hot link on the navigation bar. Also, I agree with Steve about putting a home link on navigation bar on outer pages. Viewers need a way to get back.

Math: Looks good. I would search the web for more content, or use some teacher created handouts, link to the book you used when student teaching with curriculum covered (units or chapters) as bullets. I think the LAUSD schools use the same curriculum. Check with Steve. I know all Conejo and Moorpark elementary schools use the same state adopted material. That way, you have it ready when you do get a job. :-)

Social studies: Same as math.

Science: Same as math; however, you did some great graphics on the water cycle in SED 618. I would add them as links to standards and curriculum topics. It may be a nice spry tools touch?

Fundraiser: I love the way you linked this to the elementary school fundraising page. I wish my son’s school had a page like this.

Back to School Night: Instead of linking to the school’s calendar, I would put in the flyer you created in EED 515.

Scholarship link: I’m not sure if Castlebay has it; however, most PTAs give scholarships to students who can’t afford the fee for extracurricular activities. You can see if there is a link like that at Castlebay.

Keep working. It looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment